Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Diego Stocco – Transformed Rain

Transformed Rain is a sound design video work by Diego Stocco:


From the video description:

Few days ago I was working on a new instrument and needed to pick up some tools from my work table outside.
It was a rainy day.
While I was sorting through the tools, I started hearing a faint tonal rhythm that reminded me of ethnic percussions and wondered where it was coming from. It was the rain hitting a metallic trash bin that I had left upside down in front of the working table.
I stopped for a moment and focused my attention on the sound.

Besides the percussive noise of the rain, I started hearing some overtones, so I got inspired to create a piece by expanding the tonal resonances present within that sound. No additional instruments or samples. I hope you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment